M&M Landscaping provides professional walkway installation services to residents and businesses in the North Shore, Massachusetts areas.
What better way to create a greater curb appeal than to install a beautiful walkway on your property. Depending on your property’s layout, we can install a narrow, wide or curved walkway on your property. Walkways are great for defining your garden path and entryways. Beautify your property and add value to your property by installing a new walkway.
Using concrete pavers for your walkway makes it versatile enough to create walkways of any size, or shape. If you want that traditional look of a natural stone walkway that comes in a wide variety of colors and styles, we can install natural stone, pavers, or stamped concrete depending on your budget and the style you are looking for.
M&M Landscaping is an authorize Belgard installer. Belgard stones are beautiful, long-lasting, and come in a wide range of colors and styles.
Low Maintenance Walkways
One of the biggest benefits of paver walkways is that they are low maintenance and they are environmentally friendly. Pavers make for an eco-friendly way to beautify your property. As more and more land gets paved, concerns about water runoff increases. Lots of paving products let water percolate through to the ground underneath, helping prevent erosion, filtering out pollutants, limit water runoff, and helps improve the health of soil and vegetation. If you are planning to install a walkway, consider using permeable pavers, or pervious concrete to allow for natural drainage.
- Installing pavers is not just about picking the right stone and colors. You need the right subgrade preparation. Ideally 4 inches of compacted gravel for pedestrial traffic and 1-inch layer of construction sand.
- Using a dark colored paver will help melt snow faster and hide stains better.
- Beveled edge pavers help prevent tripping hazards
- Ideally a walkway of at least 3 feet will accommodate average foot traffic.
- If your walkway is not bordered by concrete, it is recommended to install paver edging.
Common Types of Walkways
- Natural Stone Walkways
- Paver Walkways
- Stamped Concrete Walkways
- Asphalt Walkways